Saturday, January 22, 2011

Love

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life.  That word is love." ~ Sophocles (496-406 BC) ~ Greek Playwright

You know, if you stop and think about it, why do we, as humans, interpret life as hard or painful?  Yes, sometimes we experience difficult things in our life - but hopefully, those are mere stepping stones across the river that is life's journey.  I have begun to realize just how quickly life moves and at this brief moment in all that rapid movement, I am at a point where I wish to focus on the love in my life and spend a little less time devoting energy to things which frustrate, annoy or upset me.

I am blessed.  I am grateful for all of the blessings my life contains and I truly LOVE all of them.  My husband, who is my foundation (strong, steady and supportive).  My daughter, who gives me wings (smart, beautiful sunshine).  My extended family (bringing joyful experiences).  My home (my refuge).  My friends (counsel, laughter and smiles).  My health (giving me strength for all things).  And yes, even my work, (providing finances which allows for lifestyle).

And, there are probably thousands of things I left out.  Not a bad place to be, eh?

Live for the love in your life.  Focus on the beautiful moments.  Realize the struggles are temporary.  Love is forever.

~SMB

No comments:

Post a Comment